Saturday, November 10th, 2018
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM CST
Apparel Academy Livestream with CDS President Mindy Martel
We usually offer this as in-house Apparel Academy but due to requests to take it online, we have done just that! Wherever you are at in the process or in the world join us Saturday, November 10th online and learn the Clothier 4 steps to launching your apparel line.
Take 6 classes in one day on how to be the best new apparel entrepreneur. Take a virtual tour of our clothing factory, and start formulating your plan to get your clothing line made. This is not a design class, this is an Apparel Entrepreneur Class!
You will learn:
- The design process and how to make good decisions on construction and fabric
- The prototype/sampling process and how to find the right factory partner and how to evaluate your prototypes
- The tech pack/ Spec sheet process and how to read them/create them for your product(s)
- The manufacturing process and learn behind the scenes details.
- Virtual Factory & Development Tour
- Class Materials including digital copies of the presentations, templates for tech packs, fabric source lists and more! (more details below)
- Post-Academy 30 minutes video consultation with Design Manager who has 10+ years in the industry.
You don't want to miss this event. Let us help you figure out the next steps to move forward in your apparel line! We hope to see you there!
The Clothier 4 Step Apparel Academy Day Approximate Schedule:
9:00 am - 9:30 am INTROS
9:30 am - 10:30 am - CLASS ONE: Kick Off Class
Introduction to the apparel industry and The Clothier 4 Step Process - learn what you can do to prepare for developing your product(s).
10:30 am - 11:30 am CLASS TWO: Step 1 Design Class
Learn everything that needs to happen to complete Step 1. Understand how to review designs, fabrics and trims. Learn the basics in fabric and raw goods to help you make the best choices for your product(s). Understand the world of raw goods vendors and the difference between stock goods, made-to-order and developed-to-order.
11:30 am - 12:30 pm CLASS THREE: Step 2 Prototype Class
Learn how to review prototypes with a critical eye and how to give constructive feedback. Go over how to fit a garment, wash test and other testing options. Learn about piece goods vs dye goods. Learn about printing options including all-over vs. placed.
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm BREAK
1:00 pm - 1:30 pm Virtual Tour of Clothier Design Source Headquarters
Get a personal tour of our facility, giving you insight on what to look for when looking for a manufacturer.
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm CLASS FOUR: Preparing for Manufacturing
In this class we will prep you for entering manufacturing. Understand your label options and label designs. Understand what sizes and colorways to offer and discuss grade rules.
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm CLASS FIVE: Step 3 Tech Design
Learn what is in a tech pack and how to use them. Go over our tech pack templates. Learn how to write a purchase order for apparel.
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm CLASS SIX: Step 4 Manufacturing
Learn what to expect during the manufacturing process. How does apparel manufacturing work? How does quality control work?
• Apparel industry Vendor Sourcing list (over 200 vendors)
• Manufacturing Guide Booklet
• Materials to take away from each class.
• Tech pack Templates